Skip to main content

Staying Stress Free during the Holidays

The Holidays are a wonderful and busy time of the year, friends, family, holiday parties and so much more...

During this time of the year, it's important to take time for yourself.
Finding ways to stay stress free will help you go through the season and make for a joyful time.
  • Meditation: take some time for yourself everyday. Find a quite space and time at least once a day for 10-15min. You may find that guided, mindfulness, mantra or clearing the mind meditation works for you. Explore and find the one that connects to you. 
  • Healthy Eating: As we enjoy our holiday parties, food, wine, many tempting treats make sure your are getting some healthy alternatives in. Check in, make sure you are eating balanced meals and plenty of fluids to keep the body nourished during this time of the year.
  • Enjoy a nice cup of tea or hot cocoa and just sit back and enjoy.Herbal teas can be nourishing, healing and calming, find the tea that speaks to you (I go towards my meditation tea during this time if year). I love a good hot cocoa, I enjoy creating and sipping chocolate and adding herbs, yes I add herbs to my hot cocoa. When I have time to relax with a cozy hot cocoa I have two blends that I pick from, one is a heart balancing cocoa with rose and hawthorn and the other is an immune boaster (perfect for this time of the year.
  • Massage: Still looking for ways to stay stress free during the Holidays, try an Anti-stress massage.This massage is great for escaping the everyday, with warm oils infused with relaxing essential oils to relax the mind body connection.This massage is gentle and calming with calming energy balancing to bring the massage into full circle of relaxation leaving you stress free. Book your massage today, or give as a gift for the Holidays.
Metta Wellness is located inside: Bhavna's Wellness Group, 512 Main St 2nd floor, Shrewsbury, MA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Herbs make the journey Smoother

For me, herbs make sense. When I have a cold, or feeling tired, or struggling with a stuck emotion, I go to my herbs. Herbs can be gentle, soothing, or strong, pungent and sometimes not that pleasant to take. Over time I have come to see that herbs make the journey smoother. Starting simple, like what herbs do you have right now in your kitchen. Most of us have rosemary, cinnamon, ginger and maybe basil or turmeric. With just what you have in this herb kitchen you can start your journey. Now that you have taken a new look inside your herb kitchen, lets find a few ways to work with the ones we have. Over time you will find which herbs you connect to, or relate to, and others you may not. Give the a try, blending, adding to broths, meals, self massage or just simple relax and smell the herbs. What can these kitchen herbs do for you? When I look at the herbs that you may have, I think of rosemary oil for cooking(maybe garlic in that) this is perfect for lungs and heart opener.

Energies are Shifting

In the space around, and in my own world, energies are shifting. This shift gives room for change, for personal and spiritual growth. Making room for new space and allowing old thoughts and patterns to melt away and expand your true self. As the seasons change, the heat of the summer shifts to damp cool fall weather, the natural world prepares for changes. The trees pull in the energy, prepare to settle back inward through the cold winter months and so its the same with animals in the wild. This is the time for moving with the change and settling into self to prepare for whats to come. Like the busy bee from flower to flower, I have been shifting, jumping from working to preparing, from Shrewsbury to Paxton. Paxton is now open, and I am moving with this change and preparing to settle in with my space. The next few months I will learn, as Shrewsbury has been up and running, and now Paxton has joined. We will learn how and grow as we settle into the months ahead and find ba