Skip to main content

Essential Oils for Allergies


Allergies can be difficult for many people to deal with, so finding ways to relive some so the symptoms is one way to deal with the discomfort.

One way we find relief form allergies is through a few simple steps that we add to our daily routine.

  • 1tsp raw honey with turmeric and black pepper
    • honey works as a cleaning agent to the body, so as it moves through the system it picks up things and carries them through( like pollen's, dirt)  to helps eliminate them
    • black pepper and turmeric work together, the black pepper activates the turmeric and the body, while the turmeric is an anti-inflammatory agent for the body. Allergies cause discomfort equaling inflammation that will result in puffy eyes, stuffy nose, etc.
  • Essential oil diffuser
    • I take a blend of peppermint, lemon and lavender essential oils and add to my diffuser at home and will run at night to help clear the air, leaving smelling fresh and opening my sinus passages.
    • I will also do a second blend of the peppermint, lemon and lavender but also add melaleuca essential oils if the allergies are a little more intense
  • Herbal Teas
    • I love herbal teas, so of course tea is a great way to calm the system during allergies, my favorite one for allergy season would be ginger, lemongrass and nettle blend.
Every year I react to my seasonal allergies a little different, but having a simple plan to help with the relief is a great way to start.

How do you calm your allergies?

You can find the essential oils I use at:http://mydoterra.com/mettawellness

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Herbs make the journey Smoother

For me, herbs make sense. When I have a cold, or feeling tired, or struggling with a stuck emotion, I go to my herbs. Herbs can be gentle, soothing, or strong, pungent and sometimes not that pleasant to take. Over time I have come to see that herbs make the journey smoother. Starting simple, like what herbs do you have right now in your kitchen. Most of us have rosemary, cinnamon, ginger and maybe basil or turmeric. With just what you have in this herb kitchen you can start your journey. Now that you have taken a new look inside your herb kitchen, lets find a few ways to work with the ones we have. Over time you will find which herbs you connect to, or relate to, and others you may not. Give the a try, blending, adding to broths, meals, self massage or just simple relax and smell the herbs. What can these kitchen herbs do for you? When I look at the herbs that you may have, I think of rosemary oil for cooking(maybe garlic in that) this is perfect for lungs and heart opener.

Taking time for yourself

You hear this from me a lot, take time for yourself. So have you? With our schedules so busy, and the feeling of having to get everything done, its a wonder we forget to stop and take time for ourselves. I shared some easy recipes with you this week and some ideas of dry brushing as I have focused on self, and getting ready for spring, and spring allergies. At Metta Spa , Ayurveda is the controlling factor of my space, how we eat, sleep, exercise, and so on, so my goal is to share with you every week easy tips to add into your daily life to find balance. So as we go off for this long weekend, many of you will have Good Friday off along with Easter Monday, so I am sharing a real easy wake your skin up recipe. We found this one to work great is you make it the night before and use it in the morning. Wake Up Coffee Facial: 1/3 cup base oil, almond,sesame or coconut 1 tsp organic honey 1 1/2 tsp coffee grounds(use the ones from your morning coffee) Add everything together and