Skip to main content

Enjoy the Hoildays with Health


Their are so many ways to enjoy the holidays with health in mind. No, I'm not saying you can't enjoy the holiday food and drink, but in moderation, consideration and some healthy preparation, and you will glide through with ease.

For me, the holidays are, being with family, the food, the decorations, visiting with friends and family. It can take a toll on you if your not ready. I do a lot of baking during the holidays, and I spend a lot of time with family, so I find ways to make healthy choices over the holidays.

Some of the best ways that I find to enjoy the holiday's with health:
  • Enjoy the food, yes I will enjoy the food. You have so many parties or gatherings, so for our house, we work to eat a balanced healthy meal every night. Along with eating healthy during the holidays, we do a lot of herbal tea, nettle being my top, then root tea(spicy) or a chaga tea, to help keep the body clean. Doing this between parties helps to enjoy the food that we eat and for it to be an indulgence and easier to get back into a healthy routine after the holiday.
  • Cheers: Many of use will indulge in a drink or two over the holidays, enjoy, but within reason. Always eat, and get plenty of sleep, this will help a long with checking in.
  • Sleep: Make sure you are getting sleep, and plenty of it. With the change of weather, the days getting shorter, and with the schedules over the holidays, sleep is important for overall health.
  • Move: Exercise is so important, keeps the body clean, energy moving, better sleep pattern, overall better health.
  • Herbs: Herbs, essential oils, teas, oils, or tinctures, are all great ways to help with health and balance over the holidays, ok, just all year great! I have an herbal blend with turmeric, nettle, horsetail, and a few others to strengthen and help with absorption, keeping me stronger and healthier. I use teas to stay hydrated, and minerals high, oils for winter skin or tired muscles after some days.
It's all bout  balance, finding ways to stay healthy and enjoy this time of the year with friends and family.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Herbs make the journey Smoother

For me, herbs make sense. When I have a cold, or feeling tired, or struggling with a stuck emotion, I go to my herbs. Herbs can be gentle, soothing, or strong, pungent and sometimes not that pleasant to take. Over time I have come to see that herbs make the journey smoother. Starting simple, like what herbs do you have right now in your kitchen. Most of us have rosemary, cinnamon, ginger and maybe basil or turmeric. With just what you have in this herb kitchen you can start your journey. Now that you have taken a new look inside your herb kitchen, lets find a few ways to work with the ones we have. Over time you will find which herbs you connect to, or relate to, and others you may not. Give the a try, blending, adding to broths, meals, self massage or just simple relax and smell the herbs. What can these kitchen herbs do for you? When I look at the herbs that you may have, I think of rosemary oil for cooking(maybe garlic in that) this is perfect for lungs and heart opener.

Energies are Shifting

In the space around, and in my own world, energies are shifting. This shift gives room for change, for personal and spiritual growth. Making room for new space and allowing old thoughts and patterns to melt away and expand your true self. As the seasons change, the heat of the summer shifts to damp cool fall weather, the natural world prepares for changes. The trees pull in the energy, prepare to settle back inward through the cold winter months and so its the same with animals in the wild. This is the time for moving with the change and settling into self to prepare for whats to come. Like the busy bee from flower to flower, I have been shifting, jumping from working to preparing, from Shrewsbury to Paxton. Paxton is now open, and I am moving with this change and preparing to settle in with my space. The next few months I will learn, as Shrewsbury has been up and running, and now Paxton has joined. We will learn how and grow as we settle into the months ahead and find ba