Skip to main content

Cool down with a massage this summer!

Welcome summer!
I love the heat, I love the summer. This does not mean I always enjoy a heating massage on a 90 degree day.

Keeping up with your wellness routine throughout the year can be a challenge, but heat should not be one of them. At Metta Wellness I work to bring in elements, to you and your massage, to help balance with the seasons and each person on an individual bases.When the weather heats up, most of my clients are looking for ways to stay cool, I have just the massage for that.

With a blend of coconut oil to hydrate and cool the body, Aloe oil to also cool down the body, balance the heaviness of the coconut and relieve any dry itchy sun(or bug) damaged skin. With this cooling blend of oils you can then add in essential oils during the massage to create your personal massage and to enhance the effects of this massage. Essential oils will allow the senses to wake and open, the benefits will be felt for a longer period of time. Essential oils that encourage and  bring in a cooling balance to the mind and body are oils such as: rosemary, peppermint, sage, lemongrass, and eucalyptus.

So during the hot summer months, don't let the benefits of massage melt away in the heat, book your Herbalized Oil Massage at Metta Wellness

#mettawellness #herbalizedoilmassage #summer #wellnessroutine #mettaherbal #balance #essentialoils

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Herbs make the journey Smoother

For me, herbs make sense. When I have a cold, or feeling tired, or struggling with a stuck emotion, I go to my herbs. Herbs can be gentle, soothing, or strong, pungent and sometimes not that pleasant to take. Over time I have come to see that herbs make the journey smoother. Starting simple, like what herbs do you have right now in your kitchen. Most of us have rosemary, cinnamon, ginger and maybe basil or turmeric. With just what you have in this herb kitchen you can start your journey. Now that you have taken a new look inside your herb kitchen, lets find a few ways to work with the ones we have. Over time you will find which herbs you connect to, or relate to, and others you may not. Give the a try, blending, adding to broths, meals, self massage or just simple relax and smell the herbs. What can these kitchen herbs do for you? When I look at the herbs that you may have, I think of rosemary oil for cooking(maybe garlic in that) this is perfect for lungs and heart opener.

Taking time for yourself

You hear this from me a lot, take time for yourself. So have you? With our schedules so busy, and the feeling of having to get everything done, its a wonder we forget to stop and take time for ourselves. I shared some easy recipes with you this week and some ideas of dry brushing as I have focused on self, and getting ready for spring, and spring allergies. At Metta Spa , Ayurveda is the controlling factor of my space, how we eat, sleep, exercise, and so on, so my goal is to share with you every week easy tips to add into your daily life to find balance. So as we go off for this long weekend, many of you will have Good Friday off along with Easter Monday, so I am sharing a real easy wake your skin up recipe. We found this one to work great is you make it the night before and use it in the morning. Wake Up Coffee Facial: 1/3 cup base oil, almond,sesame or coconut 1 tsp organic honey 1 1/2 tsp coffee grounds(use the ones from your morning coffee) Add everything together and