Summer is here, and it's time to help keep the body, mind cool. What better way to keep cool then a cucumber infused water, with rose petals, sage or maybe rosemary.
Take 1/2 cucumber, sliced
2 quarts water
Additional options: rose-petals, sage, mint,lemon,ginger or rosemary
Place the cucumbers in jar,top with any additional herbs and pour water over and place in frig, sip through out day. I like to make mine the night before and place in the frig, this allows the flavors from the cucumber and herbs to infuse into the water.Try different combinations of cucumber water, see what you come up with, and share with us on facebook.
Benefits of cucumber water:
- Good for your muscles and joints, cucumbers contain silica which is known to strengthen the connective tissues.
- Cucumber helps with elimination due to the high water content.
- Cucumber water helps with keeping the skin clear.
- Cucumber water will help keep you hydrated. We forget or get bored with water, so by adding in cucumber or herbs it will change the flavor and encourage you to drink more.
- Cucumber ware is easy to make, and looks great in just minutes for when guests stop by on those hot summer days.
- And yes, cucumber water is cost effective and low calorie.