Skip to main content

The meaning behind Metta Wellness


The meaning behind Metta Wellness is a powerful and person connection to myself, my space and my work.
The word "Metta" is simply translated to, "Loving Kindness", for me this is my work. Several years ago, when I was thinking and in-visioning working in a space, my own space. I knew I need to have a name that would say how I felt about my work, my clients, my space. As time goes, and we move forward, we realize that what we are looking  for is right here.

Let me share: When I started this path with massage, I had a plan in mind to finish school and just work, simple. As my path unfolded in front of me, I started my first work as a massage and Reiki practitioner at a womens shelter and at a home for cancer patients. Far from what I planned, but yet where I should be. I learned the power of touch and the power of the human spirit. This was the turning point for me, I learned to follow the path that my work was going, not to force myself to be what I thought I had to be, or what the trend in massage was, but where my work took me. Over time as we are touched by events in our lives and in the world around us several things continued to find its way into my life.One being a Mantra, Om Mani Padme hum, with the symbol of the lotus being another. Over time I was given this Mantra by a Monk in Ny after doing volunteer work, again at a Thai Yoga retreat, and then again while traveling to Thailand by another Monk, so as it repeated itself so did the symbol of the lotus. On my last day of travel in Thailand I was walking a path that I had walked everyday for a month, and that day I stopped to look down a path, and at the end of the path was a bridge connecting one Wat to a space where young Monks lived and studied. As I stood on the bridge, all I could see was these incredible lotus flowers blooming across this pond and thinking of the Mantra, and who peaceful and loved I felt standing there, in my own loving kindness.

So yes, years later when I was looking and thinking and writing out names for my space, I knew I wanted my clients to feel the way I did that day, their own loving kindness through touch. We all go through our journey in life, we learn, we grow, and like the lotus we unfold into the beautiful lotus lifting out from the mercy pond. Enjoy your journey, see where it takes you, mine has brought me to Metta Wellness.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Herbs make the journey Smoother

For me, herbs make sense. When I have a cold, or feeling tired, or struggling with a stuck emotion, I go to my herbs. Herbs can be gentle, soothing, or strong, pungent and sometimes not that pleasant to take. Over time I have come to see that herbs make the journey smoother. Starting simple, like what herbs do you have right now in your kitchen. Most of us have rosemary, cinnamon, ginger and maybe basil or turmeric. With just what you have in this herb kitchen you can start your journey. Now that you have taken a new look inside your herb kitchen, lets find a few ways to work with the ones we have. Over time you will find which herbs you connect to, or relate to, and others you may not. Give the a try, blending, adding to broths, meals, self massage or just simple relax and smell the herbs. What can these kitchen herbs do for you? When I look at the herbs that you may have, I think of rosemary oil for cooking(maybe garlic in that) this is perfect for lungs and heart opener.

Energies are Shifting

In the space around, and in my own world, energies are shifting. This shift gives room for change, for personal and spiritual growth. Making room for new space and allowing old thoughts and patterns to melt away and expand your true self. As the seasons change, the heat of the summer shifts to damp cool fall weather, the natural world prepares for changes. The trees pull in the energy, prepare to settle back inward through the cold winter months and so its the same with animals in the wild. This is the time for moving with the change and settling into self to prepare for whats to come. Like the busy bee from flower to flower, I have been shifting, jumping from working to preparing, from Shrewsbury to Paxton. Paxton is now open, and I am moving with this change and preparing to settle in with my space. The next few months I will learn, as Shrewsbury has been up and running, and now Paxton has joined. We will learn how and grow as we settle into the months ahead and find ba