Skip to main content

Nettles and the many ways we use them at Metta Wellness


Yes, I love Nettle, and as you see I  featured them last week in my teas: 
Blueberry Nettle and Nettle with Rose-hip and Cinnamon chip. Both have the nourishment that we need in the change of season and are a great source of vit.C, not to mention they taste great.

You will also find nettle in my massage oil for the head and scalp massage(helps wake up the scalp while nourishing the pores, this oil is made right at Metta Wellness), along with my muscle oil for the Ayurvedic treatment Kati Basti.
 

Not sure what an Ayurvedic Kati Basti is?
Start off with an Abhyanga or a warm oil application, wrapped in warm towels you will rest while the oils soak into the area or areas that we are working.This treatment can be done on the low back, neck area, stomach and yes even for the eyes(different oils are used for the eye treatment), each one has its own herbalized oils that I make here at Metta Wellness, your oil could have up to 20 different herbs that are infused in your oils to work with the area or goal of your treatment.

What is the Kati Basti treatment, and what is it good for?
We will start with a pulse taking and work with you on a  personalized treatment plan /goal at your first consultation. This is where I am able to then add additional herbs to your oils, map out where we are placing your basti(herbalized damn) and what we are looking to achieve. This is also the time that I set up your tea for the ending of your treatment, you may need a cooling tea, or nourishing this is all based on your treatment, and your body type.


I blend teas, oils, salves, always learning new ways to bring the elements into the massage to balance and nourish my clients, my family, myself. Not sure how to start or where to start with your herbs, start simple, you could make a nettle tea, then look at Ayurveda treatments and all the herbs that are used their, create you own oils.

Stop by our space at Metta Wellness, or our on-line store at Metta Wellness Herbals and explore.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Herbs make the journey Smoother

For me, herbs make sense. When I have a cold, or feeling tired, or struggling with a stuck emotion, I go to my herbs. Herbs can be gentle, soothing, or strong, pungent and sometimes not that pleasant to take. Over time I have come to see that herbs make the journey smoother. Starting simple, like what herbs do you have right now in your kitchen. Most of us have rosemary, cinnamon, ginger and maybe basil or turmeric. With just what you have in this herb kitchen you can start your journey. Now that you have taken a new look inside your herb kitchen, lets find a few ways to work with the ones we have. Over time you will find which herbs you connect to, or relate to, and others you may not. Give the a try, blending, adding to broths, meals, self massage or just simple relax and smell the herbs. What can these kitchen herbs do for you? When I look at the herbs that you may have, I think of rosemary oil for cooking(maybe garlic in that) this is perfect for lungs and heart opener.

Energies are Shifting

In the space around, and in my own world, energies are shifting. This shift gives room for change, for personal and spiritual growth. Making room for new space and allowing old thoughts and patterns to melt away and expand your true self. As the seasons change, the heat of the summer shifts to damp cool fall weather, the natural world prepares for changes. The trees pull in the energy, prepare to settle back inward through the cold winter months and so its the same with animals in the wild. This is the time for moving with the change and settling into self to prepare for whats to come. Like the busy bee from flower to flower, I have been shifting, jumping from working to preparing, from Shrewsbury to Paxton. Paxton is now open, and I am moving with this change and preparing to settle in with my space. The next few months I will learn, as Shrewsbury has been up and running, and now Paxton has joined. We will learn how and grow as we settle into the months ahead and find ba