Skip to main content

Ebb and Flow



Welcome August!
For most of us, this is the end of the summer vacations, kids getting ready for school, heading off to college for the first time, back to our routines and schedules. For me, work will slow down in the massage side of things this month, while vacations are at hand, but will be busy with the herbal side, drying and prepping for oils and salves. I also use this time to sneak away and plan some space to rejuvenate and reflect before the winter comes in.

As we have these times of ebb and flow, we forget to take care of our selves, and a little planning will go a long way to make this time run smooth. So as you are planning those last minute beach days, or sneaking in a road trip, think about self care.

Throughout the month of August, each week we will find ways to plan, pack and stay healthy while on these end of summer journeys.

For me, I love my herbal teas, so before a trip I will blend a tea - if it's a day trip I will make it and have it ready to enjoy or if it is a long trip I will set up tea bags and place in my tea jar. For me the tea can be as simple as a high energy tea( rooibus , cinnamon & nettle) or a calming tea to help with sleep( passion, skullcap & oats), just depends on where and how long I will be away. 

I find having my own teas, helps to remind me to stay hydrated, I am more likely to drink a tea blend in the afternoon while out and I then feel relaxed and enjoy my space.So on your next trip, grab your tea cup(or tea jar), a few of your favorite teas, and relax on your way.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Herbs make the journey Smoother

For me, herbs make sense. When I have a cold, or feeling tired, or struggling with a stuck emotion, I go to my herbs. Herbs can be gentle, soothing, or strong, pungent and sometimes not that pleasant to take. Over time I have come to see that herbs make the journey smoother. Starting simple, like what herbs do you have right now in your kitchen. Most of us have rosemary, cinnamon, ginger and maybe basil or turmeric. With just what you have in this herb kitchen you can start your journey. Now that you have taken a new look inside your herb kitchen, lets find a few ways to work with the ones we have. Over time you will find which herbs you connect to, or relate to, and others you may not. Give the a try, blending, adding to broths, meals, self massage or just simple relax and smell the herbs. What can these kitchen herbs do for you? When I look at the herbs that you may have, I think of rosemary oil for cooking(maybe garlic in that) this is perfect for lungs and heart opener.

Taking time for yourself

You hear this from me a lot, take time for yourself. So have you? With our schedules so busy, and the feeling of having to get everything done, its a wonder we forget to stop and take time for ourselves. I shared some easy recipes with you this week and some ideas of dry brushing as I have focused on self, and getting ready for spring, and spring allergies. At Metta Spa , Ayurveda is the controlling factor of my space, how we eat, sleep, exercise, and so on, so my goal is to share with you every week easy tips to add into your daily life to find balance. So as we go off for this long weekend, many of you will have Good Friday off along with Easter Monday, so I am sharing a real easy wake your skin up recipe. We found this one to work great is you make it the night before and use it in the morning. Wake Up Coffee Facial: 1/3 cup base oil, almond,sesame or coconut 1 tsp organic honey 1 1/2 tsp coffee grounds(use the ones from your morning coffee) Add everything together and